Musk was responding to a tweet on Friday from a Twitter user who inquired about a previous tweet from the Hillary Clinton campaign, which claimed to have “uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank.”
“@elonmusk I reported this tweet to the powers that be at @twitter as misleading disinformation. I’d like to know if anything was done with this when you took control of the company at any level. Please advise as soon as possible “One Twitter user inquired.
Musk stated that the individual is “absolutely correct” in his assessment that Clinton’s tweet is “misleading disinformation.”
“You are entirely correct. “That tweet is a Clinton campaign hoax for which their campaign lawyer is facing criminal charges,” Musk responded, linking to a BBC article headlined “Michael Sussmann: Clinton lawyer lied to manipulate FBI over Trump.””
Musk’s remarks come after he stated on the All-In Podcast that he will vote for Republicans in the upcoming midterm elections.
Musk’s offer was accepted by Twitter. On April 25, Tesla CEO Elon Musk accepted Musk’s offer to buy the company, but the social media giant has come under intense scrutiny by Musk over the company’s true number of spam accounts, which the Tesla CEO believes is much higher than Twitter claims.
“While Twitter claims 20% of its accounts are fake or spam, the actual figure could be *much* higher. My offer was based on the accuracy of Twitter’s SEC filings. Yesterday, Twitter’s CEO publicly refused to provide proof of 5%. This transaction cannot proceed until he does “Musk took to Twitter.
- Elon Musk: Transgender Daughter applies to legally change her name. She wants nothing to do with father
- One of the Philippines’ senior government attorneys was shot and killed in Philadelphia
- An Apple employee at a store in Maryland voted to join a union for the first time in the United States
- A Netflix production crew and cast van crash in Mexico has resulted in two deaths
- Yet another shooting in USA – 1 person killed and 3 injured in a shooting in Washington, DC