Reportedly, the fast fashion industry is responsible for generating 10 per cent of the total global carbon emissions. Making the impacts even harsh, more than 1.5 trillions litres of water is estimated to be used by the fashion industry annually.
More than 100 billion units of garments are manufactured globally every year. In the world of fashion, where the trends change every day, many garments sooner or later end up in landfills, adding to the textile waste.
Considering all these impacts, sustainable fashion, often termed as slow fashion also, is thriving globally. It is slowly and steadily garnering attention in Nepal as well. No doubt, sustainable fashion is on-trend now; so is the sustainable fashion industry in Nepal. Many sustainable fashion brands are making their way into Nepal’s fashion industry and arena.
And, here, we bring the list of some of those clothing brands that have embraced the concept of sustainable fashion in Nepal:
1. HattiHatti Nepal
HattiHatti Nepal is an apparel brand registered as a social enterprise that upcycles old, unused, and vintage saris into beautiful everyday products such as kimonos, ties, scrunchies, cushions, and many more. In the process, it also educates and trains women from marginalised communities and makes them socially and economically independent.
Started in 2014,
Read the full story at english.onlinekhabar.com
- Realme 8s 5G and 8i announced with new MediaTek chipsets and 5,000mAh batteries
- For 300 years, this painting had a secret hiding in plain sight
- Graphic Designers in Nepal Raise Concern Over Plagiarism, Suggest Brands to be Sensible
- Bodies of 6 Nepali migrant workers brought to Nepal from Malaysia
- What is Namaste Pay?
- Women’s Asian Cup selection: Nepal playing against Philippines today
- EPL Cricket from Saturday, which team has which players?
- Emmy Awards 2021: The complete list of winners