Musk’s tweets came after a poll in which he asked his followers whether they trusted “politicians” or “billionaires” more, with 76 percent of the 3.4 million respondents choosing “politicians.”
Musk had previously dared Democrat Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to pose the same question to her own followers, while others wanted to know Musk’s thoughts on other billionaires.
Musk responded to conservative author Brigette Gamble’s tweet that she did not trust Gates by saying, “Since Gates still has a multi-billion dollar short position against Tesla while claiming to help with global warming, I guess I have some trust issues with him too.”
In another response, he stated that the short was “$500M, but then Tesla went up a lot, so now it’s $1.5B to $2B to close it out.”
Tesla shares rose more than 7% on Friday to $759.63, but are still down nearly 37% this year.
Musk previously chastised Gates for betting against Tesla stock. He stated that he has refused philanthropy from Gates, claiming that his short demonstrated that the Microsoft co-founder was not serious about combating climate change.
In interviews this year, Gates implied but did not directly admit that he had bet against Tesla.
Another user asked Musk if he thought Amazon founder Jeff Bezos was “(generally) a good person?”
“He’s fine, I suppose. He appears to be spending a lot of time in the hot tub these days “Musk took to Twitter. “If he wants to get to orbit, less partying and more work would be advised,” referring to the pair’s space race.
Bezos and Musk have been feuding for 15 years, with the two launching competing businesses and reportedly arguing in private.
- Elon Musk: Transgender Daughter applies to legally change her name. She wants nothing to do with father
- One of the Philippines’ senior government attorneys was shot and killed in Philadelphia
- An Apple employee at a store in Maryland voted to join a union for the first time in the United States
- A Netflix production crew and cast van crash in Mexico has resulted in two deaths
- Yet another shooting in USA – 1 person killed and 3 injured in a shooting in Washington, DC