Ayurveda is the most ancient and holistic life science. It provides lifestyle suitable for each geographical, geophysical, seasonal and personal condition in order to protect and promote health and prevent disease. It also prescribes patient-centered therapy to cure diseases in the physiological, psychological & metaphysical realms of one’s life.
According to Ayurveda, a healthy person is one who has a state of equilibrium as he is established in the Self (atman), enjoys physical and mental state of well-being, and whose soul, senses and mind are full of bliss. It is the duty of an Ayurvedic physician to help a patient to achieve this state of health by focusing on Purushartas, namely ability to lead a righteous life (dharma), ability to achieve wealth righteously (artha), ability to fulfill the righteous desires (kama), and the three spontaneously leading to liberation from all sorrows and bondages (moksha).
The science of Ayurveda has eight well-defined branches namely internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry, treatment of diseases above the clavicle, toxicology, gerontology, and improving strength and arresting the ageing process.
- Elon Musk: Transgender Daughter applies to legally change her name. She wants nothing to do with father
- One of the Philippines’ senior government attorneys was shot and killed in Philadelphia
- An Apple employee at a store in Maryland voted to join a union for the first time in the United States
- A Netflix production crew and cast van crash in Mexico has resulted in two deaths
- Yet another shooting in USA – 1 person killed and 3 injured in a shooting in Washington, DC