Tired eye is another term for eyestrain, which occurs when the eyes become achy, weak, or heavy as a result of prolonged use. It is not a disease and does not require medical treatment – but knowing how to avoid it never hurts.
What Makes Your Eyes Tired?
Tired eyes can be caused by a variety of factors. Too little sleep, allergies, working on the computer for too long, poor lighting conditions, driving a car for long periods of time, reading for long periods, or any other activity that requires the eyes to maintain intense focus for long periods of time are among the most common.
Symptoms of Tired Eyes
Common signs and symptoms of eyestrain are:
- Eye redness or irritation
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Feeling of heaviness in eyes
Natural and Ayurvedic Care for Tired Eyes
Tired eyes are the most vexing annoyance. There are a few ways to prevent eye strain, and if they don’t work, you should consult with an eye care professional. There may be an underlying medical cause for eyestrain that necessitates additional treatment.
Some common practices for reducing the effects of eyestrain include:
- Get enough rest.
- Avoid or minimize screen time.
- Check your lighting: high contrast causes more strain on your eyes, so whether you’re reading, watching TV, or working on the computer, make sure the room is evenly lit so your eyes don’t have to work as hard.
- Take breaks: Take regular short breaks from near-work tasks, such as using a computer or doing fine embroidery.
- Check that your glasses or contact lens prescription is current — the prescription of the eye changes naturally over time.
- Elon Musk: Transgender Daughter applies to legally change her name. She wants nothing to do with father
- One of the Philippines’ senior government attorneys was shot and killed in Philadelphia
- An Apple employee at a store in Maryland voted to join a union for the first time in the United States
- A Netflix production crew and cast van crash in Mexico has resulted in two deaths
- Yet another shooting in USA – 1 person killed and 3 injured in a shooting in Washington, DC